Due to the pandemic, many industries are undergoing dramatic evolution, fed by shifting customer behavior, emerging pockets of demand, and disruption to existing business and operating model assumptions. Rather than diminish the value of innovation, the events of the past 10 months have heightened the need for organizations to embrace new ways of thinking and operating in an increasingly digitally-centered ecosystem.
In order to maintain leadership in this ecosystem, your organization needs to deliver on a rapidly growing and complex portfolio of growth opportunities, both established and new. Simply trying to sustain an organization’s existing portfolio of product/service offerings and business models is not sufficient.
Silicon Valley Executive Education invites you to a live event, led by Peter Wilton, Faculty Member, BerkeleyHaas School of Business at UC Berkeley:
November 30, 2020 1:00 PM PT
To systematically manage their opportunity portfolio, leaders need to be able to:
- understand the risk of disruption and market irrelevance associated with continuing to sustain the organization’s existing business and operating model, and market offerings;
- understand the vision, execution, and go-to-market risks of experimenting with new customer value models, and how to mitigate these risks;
- design and support a balanced innovation portfolio of both sustaining and re-framing customer value opportunities that will simultaneously sustain the organization’s current/past market success, yet effectively position the organization for continued relevance and market leadership in the future;
- align the organization around a handful of uniquely effective and/or re-framing customer value opportunities that will drive attitudinal loyalty of the firm’s attractive customer base;
- lead the organization through new organizational structures, resource allocation processes, and innovation governance models that overcome the rigidity of traditional operating models and facilitate agile, cross-functional, opportunity recognition and capture.
During this program, Professor Wilton will introduce the fundamental innovation drivers that growth leaders apply to facilitate systemic innovation within their organizations, and provide tools you can use to identify and capitalize on new opportunities for growth.
Peter Wilton teaches strategy, marketing, and international management in the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley. He has also served as a Visiting Professor at the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University, and on the faculties of Duke and Purdue Universities in the United States, Macquarie Graduate School of Management, the University of Melbourne, and the Australian Graduate School of Management in Australia, as well as the executive programs of the University of Michigan, the University of Chicago and Pennsylvania State University.
Contact Us if you have any questions